On Saturday, June 27th, SHEPHERD’S GROVE Presbyterian Church is hosting a food drive in partnership with South County Outreach (SCO). Help us fill the pantry for South County Outreach! You can help by donating food or donating financially. To donate food, you can bring any food items from your own pantry that haven’t yet reached their expiration date. You can drop off these items at SHEPHERD’S GROVE Church between the hours of 9 AM and 12 PM on Saturday, June 27th. To donate funds, you can contribute directly to South County Outreach here: Donate to South County Outreach. We are also looking for volunteers for that day! If you are interested in volunteering, contact Curtis Drever: firstname.lastname@example.org. After a season that proved to be challenging for many, we encourage you to give what you can so we can provide a ton of food!
Items needed include:
- Mac & Cheese
- Canned Fruit
- Cereal & Oatmeal
- Canned Chicken & Tuna
- Hearty Soups (Progresso)
- Pasta Sauce
- Boxed Pasta
- Canned Pasta
- 2 lbs Bagged Rice
- 2 lbs Bagged Beans
- Chili (with or without beans)
- Canned Pasta
- Beef Stew
- Protein & Granola Bars
- Fresh Fruits & Veggies
About South County Outreach:
For more than 30 years, South County Outreach has been a leader in the fight against hunger and homelessness. Located in Irvine CA, we distribute 20,000 lbs of food each month to local residents in need and annually provide over 20,000 nights of housing to homeless families.
Client visits by city (2017)
Other services provided by SCO include:
- Food Pantry: provided emergency non-perishable and fresh food to 2,000 residents per month.
- Housing Program: housed 17 homeless families last year, helping them reach self-sufficiency and provided 20,805 bed nights.
- Computer Learning Lab: provided 122 free classes to 225 students last year.
- Homeless Prevention Program: 583 residents received rental and utility assistance in order to prevent homelessness.
- Upscale Resale Thrift Store: 107,600 in-kind items were donated and 420 households were provided with clothing vouchers.
- Seasonal Programs:
- 1,900 individuals received holiday meals and children’s holiday toys.
- 1,268 back-to-school backpacks were distributed to children last year.
We hope to see you on June 27th!!